Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100

Thread: Region D division playoffs

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    In Division 2 Lee and Lebanon also have games scheduled that week.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    More than likely, Burton will win the LPD while St. Paul looks to be the CD champ - don't see them faltering with who they have left within district (Coeburn, Rye Cove, Thomas Walker). I would have said Rye Cove might make a run at them, but after seeing how they lost to Thomas Walker I'm thinking that probably won't happen. I also feel that Honaker will defeat Haysi, putting Haysi in the position where they will have to defeat either J.J. Kelly or Lee High - and both of those programs are up and coming - not sure they can accomplish that. Haysi's defeated opponents up to this point are a combined 8-27 and half of those wins coming from one team (Tug Valley). There's a very strong possiblity that Haysi's lack of scheduling is going to come back and haunt them. With the way the region is currently arranged, Haysi will have to win the BDD every year or be sitting home for the postseason unless they strengthen their schedule. Haysi, like so often, is a big question mark since they haven't faced Honaker like they normally already have.
    Personally, I think the CD will have two teams in the playoffs if Haysi loses to Honaker - St. Paul and Castlewood. I also don't see either Haysi or Honaker making the playoffs unless they win the BDD - which we know it will either be one or the other.
    It's fun to speculate, but in no way accurate, but I'll take a leap and guess-timate (in no particular order) J.I. Burton, St. Paul, Castlewood & the winner of the Appy/Clintwood season ending matchup.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  3. #13
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    ifclintwood happens to beat burton then all is up in the air

  4. #14
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shwalker32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ifclintwood happens to beat burton then all is up in the air </div></div>

    I would have considered that possibly taking place, but after Gate City manhandled the Greenwave, I wouldn't think that would be something that will even remotely happen. Gate City will lose to Powell Valley this Friday and then again to Burton to close out the regular season, might even lose to Lee High as well. A lot of people have said there's no way GC could be much better after the season they had last year, and I tend to agree.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    I MAY be wrong but even if Castlewood wins out and finishes 8-2 I don't think that they can out point Appy or Clintwood at 6-4 or Haysi at 7-3

    However if StPaul loses even 1 district game Castlewood would share the title with them and get the auto bid via the higher PowerPoint total.

    with some teams having as many as 4 games left to play I have not worked out all the possibilities but here goes

    Castlewood currently at 90 points wins there last 4 games (16*4)
    bringing them to 154 points then adding the 12*2 points for those teams wins brings us to 178 points (I see them finishing the year with no more than 190-195 points even at 8-2)

    Appy at 6-4 (losses to PV and Clintwood/Wise) puts them at there current point total of 134 plus 1*16 + 2*4 and at least 22 rider points from them bringing there total to 180 (I see them finishing the year with 195-200 points at 6-4)

    Clintwood at 6-4 puts there current points at 101 + 16*3 + 4*1 = 153 + rider points on those last 4 teams (33) bring it to 186 (I see them finishing the year with 195-200 points at 6-4)

    Haysi is at 105 point currently if they finish the year 8-2 with a loss to Honaker(this would require them to beat both Lee and Kelly) than there point situation will be 105 + 3*16 + 1*4 = 157 + rider points on there last 4 teams (28) = 185 (I see them finishing the year with 195-200 points at 8-2)

    to make things even MORE interesting Castlewood/Clintwood/Appy and Haysi is a bizarre twist of fait all play the week after the last week of the reg season so this year the playoffs will truly start a week early LOL

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    Castlewood will help theirselves greatly if they can beat Holston in 2 weeks.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #17
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs


    I don't see Haysi beating JJK and Lee.
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


  8. #18
    Inactive Member imported_brettc's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2007
    Posts
    267
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    does anyone know JJK and Lee's opponents combined records ?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs

    Haysi can beat JJK.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member redrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2006
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Region D division playoffs


    JJK's opponents combined record - 20-30

    Lee High's opponents combined record - 16-25
    Leave the DRAMA to the MAMA'S


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •